Last updated on June 7th, 2018 at 10:47 am
Sirvoy can automatically keep your availability updated and retrieve your bookings from the Expedia network.
Note: Even though the availability is synced between Sirvoy and the sales channels almost instantaneously, there is always a small risk of double bookings when the same physical room is made available on multiple booking channels simultaneously. For example, the last room could in the same instant be booked both through your website and another booking channel. This happens very rarely, even for busy hotels. But if it does happen, depending on your agreement, the booking channel will expect you to inform them and perhaps also find a solution.
If you have already existing, future bookings on Expedia, they will not be automatically retrieved and registered in Sirvoy. See point 6 below.
Follow these instructions to activate the connection:
- Login to the Expedia Partner Central and follow the instructions in this Support Article to request a connection. Make sure that your pricing model is set as OBP (Occupancy based pricing) and LAR (Lowest Available Rate). Contact your account manager if you are not sure about these settings.
- Usually within 24 hours, we will send you an email asking you to map (or match) your room types. Go to Settings -> Channels -> Expedia. You will be asked to map the room types available in Expedia to your corresponding room types in Sirvoy. We also recommend that you enable the setting called “Update rates automatically”, otherwise, rate updates must be triggered manually. The connection will be activated automatically, once the mapping is completed.
- Make sure to verify that all room types have the correct restrictions set as expected, since the rooms will become bookable immediately after the connection is activated.
- In case you did not enable automatic rate updates when mapping the room types, you will now have to go to Settings -> Channels -> Expedia and click “Send price update”, then follow the instructions. If you would prefer to have rates updated automatically, please go back to Settings -> Channels -> Expedia and click “Edit”. Make sure that the setting called “Update rates automatically” is enabled.
- If you are currently receiving credit card details from Expedia, those will from now on have to be sent to you by fax. Please send your fax number to our support team to have this set up.
- Any bookings received through Expedia prior to the connection, will not be automatically retrieved and registered in Sirvoy. They have to be manually imported into Sirvoy, preferably prior to the connection. If you have a large amount of such bookings, we will happily assist you with the import. Please see this article for instructions.
Note: Make sure that your prices are set as OBP (Occupancy based pricing) and LAR (Lowest Available Rate) on your channel’s Extranet.
Once the connection is completed, you will no longer be able to change rates, availability, restrictions, etc. via your Expedia login. All updates will have to be done from Sirvoy. Once a change is done in Sirvoy, it will be reflected on Expedia within a couple of minutes. However, we still recommend that you at times verify through your Expedia login that availability, rates and bookings are updated and synced correctly. In case of any technical problems on either side of the connection, Expedia will instead send the booking to you by email or fax.